The Sugar Mas 44 Video Jingle contest is being held by Experience St Kitts and Nevis in Collaboration with the St. Kitts and Nevis National Carnival, (Sugar Mass 44). It will run for just over two weeks beginning December 4th, 2015 to December 20th, 2015 at 4:00 pm. The winner will be announced on the December 21st, 2015.
How to Enter
1. Entrants should first like the Facebook pages of Experience St Kitts and Nevis and The St. Kitts and Nevis National Carnival.
2. Follow the Twitter and Instagram accounts for Experience SKN and St. Kitts and Nevis Carnival.
3. Send a 30 second video performing his/her jingle using the “buzz phrases” via Facebook Message to Experience St Kitts and Nevis FB Page.
• The video will be screened to ensure adherence to the criteria and then posted to the Experience St Kitts and Nevis FB Page.
4. Entrants will be notified of advancement and the video will then be shared by ESKN on the Experience SKN page.
5. Each participant will be required to share the video with his/her friends and obtain as many likes as possible.
6. The person with the highest number of FB likes will be named the winner of the competition. The 1st and 2nd runners up will be will be awarded as well.
NB: Entrants are limited to two entries per FB account. Each video/jingle should have one participant only. The participant is allowed to use no more than three musical instruments accompanying the jingle.
Video Jingle Criteria
1. Video jingle should be no longer than 30 seconds.
2. The jingle should contain the buzz phrases (“revel like never before for sugar mass 44” and “Experience St. Kitts and Nevis”).
3. There is no limit to using only the buzz phrases within the jingle.
4. The jingle should be original work of participants.
5. Lyrics may be accompanied by no more than 3 musical instruments.
6. Lyrics should not include profanity, violence, discrimination in any form, (whether it be racial, religious or otherwise), threats, sexual explicitness or material belonging to another party or is protected by intellectual property laws.
1. The contest is open to adults 18 years or older and should be residents or citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis.
NB: The following are not eligible to enter the contest: Employees of Experience St. Kitts and Nevis, employees or members of the St. Kitts and Nevis Carnival Committee board.
1. 1st prize will be awarded to the participant who gained the most likes for his/her video. He/she will be awarded 2 VIP tickets to Inception Fete, which is scheduled to be held on December 31st, 2015.
2. The first runner up will be the participant who received the second highest number of fb likes for his/her jingle. He/she will receive 2 tickets to the National Queen Pageant which is scheduled to be held on December 27th, 2015.
3. The second runner up will be awarded to the entrant with the third highest FB likes for his/her video. He/she will receive two tickets to the Senior Calypso Monarch schedule to be held on the December 28th, 2015.
NB: Prizes are not transferable to any other form and must be accepted as described.
1. Video jingles will be screened by the Experience St. Kitts and Nevis team to ensure all contest criteria are met.
2. The video is then shared on the Experience St Kitts and Nevis Page and the contestant is then responsible for sharing and gaining likes.
3. The deadline for submission is December 20th, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
4. On the 20th to 21st of December, the videos will be reviewed and the three videos with the highest number of likes will be chosen for the first, second and third place accordingly.
5. The winners for the three top places will be announced via FB, as well as winners will be individually contacted via telephone and FB messenger.
6. Winners will also be announced in a small ceremony.
NB. Should a participant submit his/her video at 3:45 pm on December 20th, 2015, that entrant will be subjected to the same conditions as the other participants who were entered into the competition from its inception. Entrants will not be allotted extra time for promotion if submission is close to the deadline.
1. By entering this competition entrants are in agreement with and will comply with the contest rules.
2. All entries are subject to an initial screening process. If video is found to be in breach of the contest rules, that video will not be entered into the competition.
3. The contest organizers will not be held liable for lost, misdirect or loss of entries due to problems sending videos via FB message, malfunction, deleted by FB, or defective videos submitted to the competition.
4. The winner should only be one participant, as more than one participants are not allowed to enter in one single video jingle.
1. Entrants will be immediately disqualified if found in breach of any contest rules.
2. Videos longer than 30 seconds will not be submitted into the contest.
3. Videos where lyrics/jingle were found not to be original will result in contestant being disqualified immediately.
3. If a contestant submits a video but has not liked the required social media pages of Experience St Kitts and Nevis, as well as the social media pages for the St. Kitts and Nevis National Carnival, that entrant will be disqualified.